A brief guide to installing your INSYDIUM plugin
A brief guide to installing your INSYDIUM plugin (PRODUCT)
When a plugin is installed in Cinema 4D, there are two possible locations. The first is the plugins folder in the same place as the Cinema 4D application itself. For Windows users this is generally in C:Program Files\MAXON\CINEMA 4D. For Mac users this is generally in /Applications.
The location of the Cinema 4D application on Windows
The location of the Cinema 4D application on Mac
The other location is in the user preferences folder. MAXON recommends this location because for security reasons both Windows and OSX protect the Program Files (or Applications) folders, and you may get an unsuccessful installation if you try to install a plugin there.
The user preferences folder on Windows
The user preferences folder on Mac
1. Run Cinema 4D and open the Edit menu:
2. Click ‘Preferences’. This dialog box appears: *Note that the dialog box tells you where the user preferences folder is, and provides a handy button to open it.
3. Click the ‘Open Preferences Folder…’ button. An Explorer (Finder on OSX) window will open at that location.
4. Unzip the downloaded zip file into the plugins folder in the user preferences folder.
5. Finally – and this is very important – if you are upgrading to a new version of the PRODUCT, you must remove any existing installation. Check in BOTH the user preferences plugins folder AND in the Cinema 4D application plugins folder, and delete any other folders containing the PRODUCT. If you don’t do this, Cinema 4D will try to load the PRODUCT twice and it doesn’t like that; most probably, neither installation will run.
That’s it. Do all the above and you will have installed your PRODUCT successfully!
I highly recommend anyone using X-Particles to use it in tandem with Cycles 4D. The bridge between the two allows for some amazing effects and control over the appearance of your particle systems. Being a regular Cinema 4D user also meant that Cycles 4D was fairly easy to pick up and integrate into our workflow. - Matthew Enicna Blind.com
X-Particles 4 is amazing, everything feels like an upgrade, not only the plethora of new features but the existing ones have seen some major boosts! - Jon Bosley
Cycles 4d is the render engine I’ve always wanted to have as a C4D artist. It’s a feature rich engine that doesn’t ask you to change the way you work to get the render you want. You can render entirely procedurally, or with image textures. It doesn’t feel like a plug-in at all, it feels like an update. - Casey Hupke
I find this is the absolute go-to anytime that I want to do anything with particles… There are so many possibilities and great looks you can achieve with even just some really simple setups - Mike “Beeple” Winkelman
Playing with TP and Xpresso is a thing of the past for me now. - Ash Thorp
Territory use X-Particles a lot when it comes to detailed simulations for feature film UI. The ease of use means we can turn work around quickly without sacrificing a demanding quality bar - David Sheldon-Hicks / Founder and creative director / Territory Studio
Designer-friendly and technically advanced, simply powerful and art direction-able, X-Particles is an integral tool of my workflow, always impressed how Insydium are constantly developing and refining the most important toolset for Cinema 4D. - Motion Designer; Director; Brett Morris
X-Particles is an essential tool in my creative workflow - whether it be for creating daily images or commercial client projects. It allows me to quickly and intuitively throw together visual concepts or drill down into more complex, technical setups. The integrated interactive and video manual are outstanding, and if you can’t get the answers there, the support team are personal and very quick to help out. - Joey Camacho, Raw & Rendered